The Mutual Health Fund for members of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture in Lebanon approved the health program and entrusted a private company's board with its management.
The Fund tries to offer the best services to its members and their dependants at the lowest possible cost.
Needless to say, the health program can be improved if need be whenever technical conditions permit.
Only applications by natural persons affiliated with the Fund are accepted, or applications of natural persons depending on a natural person or legal entity affiliated with the Fund (beneficiaries or dependant subscribers)
Every person whose application form has been accepted by the Board of Directors and proved to be compliant with the provisions of Article 8 of the Fund's by-laws is deemed affiliated with the Fund. In particular, the applicant should be Lebanese, should not be belong to another fund with the same objective, and should be an affiliated member with the chamber of commerce, industry or agriculture to which he belongs.
Dependant subscribers are:
- The spouse
- Children under 18, or 25 if they are still pursuing their studies, and unmarried daughters.
- Domestic servants, drivers and guardians.
- An employee registered with the National Social Security Fund as well as his wife, children and parents (who are his financial charges).
- The partner, whether it is an affiliated legal entity or a member of the Board of Directors of an affiliated member, as well as his wife and children.
- A letter from the affiliated member asking the coverage of a person who falls in the category of “dependant.”
- An application form containing complete health details (on every subscriber or dependant subscriber).
- A photocopy of the individual’s civil status registration or ID.
- A photocopy of the family civil status registration (upon the subscription of more than one member of the family)
- A photocopy of the Social Security card
- A document issued or certified by the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture confirming that the applicant is a partner or member of the Board of the affiliated legal entity.
Acceptance of the Applications
Age of the beneficiary and coverage period
The coverage of newborns starts 14 days after their birth, upon the approval of Board, and is valid until the age of 75.
The coverage period is of 13 months, renewable every year; the dependant subscribers benefit from a shorter period.
The subscriber starts benefiting from the Health Fund program one month after the acceptance of his application (at the beginning of the year) in accordance with Article 89 of the Fund's by-laws, with the exception of emergency cases and hospitalization due to accidents. The one-month period is not valid for accepted subscribers who prove to be covered by insurance that is still valid or whose expiry date does not go back to more than 30 days from the application date.
1- At the hospital:
The Fund covers the room, food and stay expenses as well as the use of surgery rooms or treatment departments, and the splints, oxygen, anesthesia, blood donation, tests, and radiographies carried out within the hospital during the patient's hospitalization.
Emergencies: treatment that cannot be postponed and requires admission to the hospital's emergency room.
-Birth and newborn expenses.
2- Outside the hospital:
The Fund covers tests, laboratory and x-ray analyses, radioscopy, scanner, MRI (included), EKG, and in general, all medical procedures practiced in Lebanon and approved by the Ministry of Public Health.
Physiotherapy needed after a surgery or a covered accident and laser treatments (included), EKG, and in general all medical procedures practiced in Lebanon and approved by the Ministry of Public Health.